Monday, January 3, 2011

Must-Have Monday #1

I decided I'd like to add a feature to my blog to keep me posting regularly.

So, I'm introducing:

MUST-HAVE MONDAY!

A variation on "Waiting on Wednesday" and "I want it Wednesday," I'll be taking the opportunity to share at least one book each week I've stumbled across while surfing Goodreads, Amazon, PaperbackSwap, or any other interesting places.  

MUST-HAVE PICTURE BOOK #1:

Just One More Swim by Caroline Pitcher

Just One More Swim 

Ok, cheating on this one slightly.  I actually purchased this book but gave it away as a gift.  Pitcher's book is not only a sweet story, but Jenny Jones' oil painting illustrations are sublime.   I LOVE beautiful books.  And it's a bargain book at Amazon right now--I may have to pick this one up again...

-and-

MUST-HAVE NOVEL #1:

Anxious Hearts by Tucker Shaw

Anxious Hearts 

I love the cover, and I'm not sure how this one escaped my notice.  It's a take-off from Henry Wadsworth Longfellow's poem "Evangeline."  I'm really drawn to modernizations or alternative versions of classic literature.  Check out the summary at Goodreads.  


What are some of your MUST-HAVES?   

No comments:

Post a Comment